Toe Pain Treatment
(Information below are courtesy of the Pedorthic Association of Canada)
To alleviate the pain caused by lesser toe deformities, Canadian Certified Pedorthists recommend selecting footwear with:
- Wide, deep, square toe box to allow proper room for toes and to alleviate pressure
- Toe box without stitching to avoid irritation
- Rocker soled shoes (where toe part curves up from the ground) to decrease stress and pressure on the ball of the foot
- Where required, Canadian Certified Pedorthists will also spot stretch areas where the shoe rubs to minimize discomfort and potential irritation
- A custom-made foot orthotic can be created to reduce pain and pressure on specific areas such as the ball of the foot
- Padding can also be used to protect painful corns and calluses.
If you are experiencing foot pain or discomfort, you should talk to your doctor or book an appointment with a Canadian Certified Pedorthist for pedorthic management including orthopaedic footwear, shoe selection guidance and orthotics.